Valentine’s Day is fast approaching, and for those of us who are dating and boo’d up, we know that it means celebrating this #1 Hallmark Holiday! While Valentine’s Day is notoriously celebrated as a “women’s holiday” to mark how much she is loved and admired, we cannot forget that our men need to be shown love too! So this week, Mancode Monday is devoted to helping you plan and consider some great gift ideas for him.
Without a doubt, men have it easy when it comes to shopping for their paramour and significant other. After all, Wal-mart, Hallmark, and every other retail store known to mankind is flocked full of cute stuffed animals, chocolates, and even cutesy little sleepwear that a man can find ANYWHERE with somewhat little effort. However, ladies….we know that i’s not as simple shopping for the men in our lives. After all, not many of them will be too thrilled at the idea of a stuffed frog. Plus, with the Christmas holiday recently ending, I am quite sure that we have used up our great gift ideas and may be a little stunted on how to celebrate your love for him.
And for the record ladies buying a sexy set from Victoria Secret’s is a gift to yourself not to him. While we know that it will be sexy and hot, the reality is he is already thinking of how you’re going to wear that for some other dude if you break up. It will certainly be a highlight to your night, but make sure you don’t preface it as you “I bought this for you” unless he desires to wear it and is into that sort of thing. Hey…no judgment if that’s your bedroom behavior.
Now…..in consulting with my “mancode” team, which by the way consists of a number of men who are married, dating, and happily playing the field (yup…the playboy) and range in age from their early 30s-to-early 40s, I asked them to share with me their gift ideas for Valentine’s Day. Let me begin by saying, that most men noted that they are not “fans” of February 14th. And not because it’s not “their day” but because they feel they can show their love for their women more frequently then just this “one day.” (Slow clap to the men who make us feel special and appreciated and excites all of our lady parts!). Keep in mind, that these are merely suggestions as every man is different and does not have the exact same taste as others. But, relatively speaking, most men would find great value in a few of these ideas.
5 Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas for Him
- Dinner. Believe it or not, a man just wants you to pick up the tab. Or better yet, to actually CHOOSE a place to eat without our typical “I dunno” or “I don’t care” when he asks. So for Valentine’s Day, do the unexpected and offer to take HIM out for dinner AFTER Valentine’s Day. Or, if you don’t want to pick up the check on this day, create special gift certificate that he can redeem for dinner out on your next date night.
- Goodies Basket. Men love to know that you pay attention to their needs. Don’t you remember when Juno put all the tictacs in Paulie Bleeker’s mailbox? Yeah, guys actually like that you know his favorite things. It shows you pay attention to his snacks and treats. So grab a nice little basket and stuff it with his favorite goodies to let him know just how sweet he is!
- Hobby-related accessories. Is your man into motorcyles? How about purchasing him some new riding gloves or a new helmet or jacket. Is he into gadgets or a techy? Check out some places like the Hobby Lobby for some cool new drones.
- Weekend Trip. Of course men are not expecting you to board a plan to Fiji or book a cruise to Jamaica, but a nice weekend hiking, fishing, or even to an upcoming basketball game is WINNER!
- Sex! And lots of it. This is no surprise. They are horndogs! Whether it’s oral sex or just a spontaneous quickie in the car, men just want it! And for Valentine’s Day they just want it to he EXTRA! So sext him. Stop by his job or meeting him at home for LUNCH!
Hopefully, this gives women some insights into what to get him for Valentine’s Day. Of course, as stated, this is not reflective of ALL men. If you have other great gift ideas, drop them below!